Upupup, and Away!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walking, because it seemed like a good idea at the time

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Walking, because it seemed like a good idea at the time Empty Walking, because it seemed like a good idea at the time

Post by Herbert Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:49 pm

Bernard looked around at the various vendors and their wares, but it wasn't as if he really cared about them. All he wanted to do was blow off some steam, and maybe get a bottle of wine. It all depended on if he managed to calm down at all. The therapist who apparently needed therapy himself sighed, running his fingers through his hair again. "Bah. What a day. And it's still not over, how nice...." Bernard mumbled to himself, crossing his arms as he continued walking, just trying to avoid people. It didn't seem as if today was Bernard's day, as he accidentally bumped into a man, who was much, much burlier than him. "Hey, watch where yer goin'!" The big man growled before throwing a punch. Bernard cursed loudly as the angry and presumably drunk man's fist made contact with the therapist's nose. The drunken man stumbled off afterwards, leaving Bernard with a bleeding and hurting nose. He sighed, looking around for something, or someone, that could help.
Herbert
Herbert
Supreme Overlord of the Supreme Overlords

¤ : 21824
Birthday : 0800-12-20

Back to top Go down

Walking, because it seemed like a good idea at the time Empty Re: Walking, because it seemed like a good idea at the time

Post by Moose Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:58 pm

Collin wandered the shadows, trying to find someone to help. It wouldn't matter if he did, they would just run. He saw a small me get punched in the face by a much bigger one. Trying hard not to laugh, Collin stepped out from the shadows to help the man with a bleeding nose. Collin came from the shadows right in front of him. Usually Collin didn't like to talk to people, but that was not going to work right now. If he, a creepy 22 year old man, just appeared from the shadows unannounced and tried to help people, well, they might get the wrong idea. He was, after all, dressed in only black. Even though he was pretty handsome, he didn't like to think about it. Collin tried for a friendly smile. He steeped toward the bleeding man. "I'm Collin... Need some help?" He tried to sound as Heroly as possible, but he wasn't sure how that would sound, sense he usually didn't talk at all.
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

¤ : 21906

Back to top Go down

Walking, because it seemed like a good idea at the time Empty Re: Walking, because it seemed like a good idea at the time

Post by Herbert Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:51 pm

Bernard jumped as Collin seeming appeared out of nowhere, being the timid man he was. Still holding his nose, the therapist backed up a bit as the stranger advanced, being a little scared of him. After all, Bernard knew nothing about him except for the fact that he was dressed in black and was coming towards him. However, Bernard calmed down slightly at the friendly smile. Maybe this stranger wasn't going to hurt him. He finally realized that Collin wasn't in fact a villain as he offered help. "I'm Bernard..." He started, his accent still making it sound like he was saying Burnurd, which he hoped this Collin person wouldn't mock. "And yes... I... I could use some help. As you can probably tell, I got punched in the nose. I don't think it's broken, luckily." The therapist continued, wincing as he attempted to smile, though the pain in his nose apparently wouldn't allow it.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:59 pm

"umm, just, hold it" Collin reached into his pocket and brought out some tissues. He handed them to Bernard. "Sorry if I scared you. I seem to be creepier than I realize, popping out of the shadows at random. I try to be as cool about it as possible, but usually people run." Collin smiled again. "I really appreciate you not running. Most people would scream. No one really knows I exist as a Hero, or at all really." He was really not used to talking this much. But it seemed different talking to Bernard. He seemed like a nice guy. Collin looked down at Bernard's arms. There were streaks of red, like something had put a lot of pressure there and let go. Collin frowned.
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:27 pm

Bernard held the tissues up to his bleeding nose, nodding a thanks. "Eh, it's fine really. I'm actually rather easily scared, so there really wouldn't have been a way to avoid it, even if you were dressed in all white and came floating down on a cloud... Now that I think about it, it would have been scarier if you were dressed in white and came down on a cloud. Anyway, my point is that my fear is ,a lot of the time, self induced." The therapist explained before silencing himself, realizing he might of been rambling. "And um... You're welcome I guess. You didn't seem like you were going to punch my face in, and you offered to help. Anyone with a possibly broken nose would be crazy to turn down help. And really? Well, that's unfortunate. I wish there were more people like you around." He said, offering a small smile. It seemed as though he wouldn't need that bottle of wine after all. But, it was slightly peculiar how one stranger managed to get him feeling better. Albeit, Bernard didn't question it, as it was rather nice. The therapist noticed Collin look at the marks on his arms and frown, and he quickly shook his head. "Don't mind those... I just had a bit of trouble with um... Some wires." Bernard said, technically telling the truth.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:34 pm

Collin cocked his head. "Wires... like, alive? You ran into that crazy chick didn't you?" He asked. Collin knew all about the girl who one day decided to take over the world. He didn't like her much. "Ah well, you want to get a drink?" He asked Bernard before he could respond. Collin gave another friendly smile and took another step toward Bernard, handing him another set of tissues. "You seem like you could use one, I'll buy." Collin said, waiting for Bernard to answer. He looked around at the people, who naturally didn't turn to look at him.
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:40 pm

Bernard nodded slowly, offering a slight smile. "Unfortunately, she wondered into my office... I um... Asked a few questions... I couldn't help myself. I am a therapist, after all. And yes, I would like a drink... I warned my brother I might turn up drunk anyway..." He answered, laughing slightly. The therapist nodded a thanks after he was handed a few clean tissues, replacing his bloody ones with them. Bernard used one hand to stuff the used tissues into his pocket, his smile still apparent. "I suppose I could use one... I've had an... unusual day. But no, I'll pay for my own. Don't worry about it." The therapist said, giving a friendly chuckle. "Where are we going, anyway? I think there's a place somewhere close to here..." He trailed off, looking at the various buildings surrounding them.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:07 pm

Collin smiled, "good, I don't have enough money for you too" He said jokingly. "I know the bartender, he should be able to get us a discount." Collin though he sounded like he may have a drinking problem, but at the moment he didn't give a crap. "You told your brother you were going to be drunk? That's slightly odd." Collin mumbled, trying not to laugh. He didn't have a brother, but if he did he wouldn't be telling him about his drunk-ness. He started off toward the little pub on the corner.

John bounded down the street. Where do these lady's come from? And why do they all have brooms? He asked himself as he disbanded a group of teenagers on main street. He whined for a second in apology, then took off again. He wanted to say, 'All I did was take a pork chop!' but all that came out was "woof woof" He turned onto the corner of 5th and main. John was half looking when he ran into a bleeding man and a scary one. He pouted for a second before becoming human again, sitting cross-legged on the ground, looking up at the men. "Hello." He half muttered, scratching behind his ear.
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:55 pm

Bernard laughed. "Then it's good that I wouldn't allow you to pay for me." He replied, nodding as he looked back at Collin. "Well, I didn't necessarily tell him I would be drunk... I said that I might be drunk." The therapist joked, grinning broadly. "Besides, I'm sure he doesn't care. But I really don't know." He shrugged, following Collin as he started towards the pub. However, Bernard stopped as a rather peculiar man ran into his legs... And the therapist could have sworn he had been a dog about ten seconds ago, but it wasn't as if it really came across as strange. The city was full of superheroes and supervillains with powers, after all. Bernard offered a smile at dog-like man at his feet before crouching down so he could be level with the stranger. "Um, hello!" He said, arching an eyebrow as he surveyed John. "Would you care to explain why you're on the ground?" Bernard asked jokingly, giving a small chuckle as he continued to look the man over, rubbing his hands together, as he often did when he was nervous. But why was he so nervous...?
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:07 pm

John flinched as the bleeding man bent down to him. For a second John was a afraid the man would hit him, but he didn't come across as that kind of person. "I... am kind of a shape-shifter, I can turn into animals. Well, three animals. I was just a dog. But don't tell those lady's with the brooms... they still might hit me." John shrunk into a ball, the other man was looking at him... it was sort of freaking him out. The only than keeping him from bolting was the kind man kneeling down next to him, smiling kindly. "I am John." He said meekly, offering his hand.

Collin noticed how jittery the dog-man was. He rolled his eyes. "maybe I should wear more colors" He muttered as the man looked at him nervously. "I'm Collin." He said, cutting into is introduction. "And, I'm not as scary as I look." He added, brushing his hair out of his dark eyes.
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:07 pm

Bernard frowned slightly as John flinched, wondering what could have caused the man to be that jumpy. "A shape-shifter? Hm... Interesting. And  dog? I do love dogs, but do not worry, I won't let them hurt you, nor will I tell them." The therapist assured softly, smiling kindly. "And it's um... very nice to meet you, John. I'm Bernard." He said, shaking John's hand carefully. Bernard bit his lip slighty, still smiling though. "Say, would you like to join us? We were just going to the pub... before you bumped into my legs of course." He said, giving a light laugh, still crouched down by John. And he continued to do the odd thing with his hands, as it was a bit of a habit, unfortunately. The therapist lifted one of his hands to mess with his hair, only managing to make part of it stick up instead of somewhat fixing his generally rather messy style.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:08 pm

John shrunk into his shoulders. "I... I'm sorry." He said when Bernard said that he bumped into his legs. "I would like to join you. Though, I must warn, I am not a very... Elegant drinker." John smiled. He knew that when he had drank he drank. But he wouldn't let that get in the way of him having some fun with a few random men... that sounded better in his head. He got to his feet and held out his hand for Collin to shake as well, for he didn't seem as scary has he looked. Then John turned back to Bernard. "I hope you don't mind me asking, but did you say you were a therapist?" John had no idea why Bernard would mind, but it felt polite to add that to the beginning. John liked to be polite like that.

Collin shook John's hand. He sighed as John turned away. Sadly, this was something he was used to. You would get used to it too if you were a shadow... literally. He broke into the others conversation. "Um, lets go in. We are kind of awkwardly standing in a triangle in the middle of the sidewalk with your backs turned to me... I probably look like some kind of creepy close-contact stalker." Collin said, smiling half-way through. He knew how odd it sounded, and was proud of it. He was weird that way.
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:36 pm

"No, no. Don't apologize, there isn't need for that." Bernard said, still keeping a genuinely kind smile. He then chuckled lightly. "Not to worry, I'm somewhat used to it. My brother and father were not... let's just say they weren't the neatest. I am sure you can't be as bad as both of them." The therapist said, laughing again. Bernard glanced at some random short, gross-looking man as he tottered down the street with a tall, rather pretty, and obviously younger woman next to him. The relationship between the two was something Bernard didn't want to think about, luckily, John decided to ask something, which brought the man away from the rather horrible thoughts. "Yes, I did say so. And I am a therapist. Certified and everything. I even have my own office in the city. I'm surprisingly busy though... But not today. I had my assistant reschedule my appointments after one o'clock. For reasons I do not think I shall tell just yet." He answered, nodding slightly before looking at Collin. "Oh, yes, we probably should. And I apologize." The therapist said quietly before opening the door for the other men.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:11 pm

"What are you apologizing for? You did nothing wrong." John walked into the small pub. At first he was overwhelmed by the smell of smoke and liquor. He soon got used to it. "Oh, lovely. A squad of Henchman. This will be fun." He had heard Collin mutter under his breath. John thought about it himself. So the therapist, creepy hero, and half dog hero, are walking into a bar full of drunk henchmen. Lots and lots of fun. How could this go wrong? He rolled his eyes and smiled to himself. "Thank you for holding the door, sir" John said, smiling back at Bernard. He had always been one to be polite. There were three seats open at the bar counter, but one was apart from the other two, between two burly henchmen. Collin made a sort of irritated sound in his throat. John was slightly annoyed, but didn't get mad. He just scrunched up his nose and joined Collin by the bar. "I guess we're standing." He said, resting his elbows on the bar. Collin smiled and nodded at the bartender. A nod was returned, even though John was confused at what had happened, he shook it off quickly.
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:14 pm

"Well, I suppose... But I was only being polite. We had out backs turned to him. It only seemed right to apologize." Bernard answered, shrugging slightly. He waited until the other two men were inside before he joined them, still smiling. He was completely unphazed by the smell, as he was very familiar with it. The therapist's dad drank a considerable amount, and smoked all the same. Bernard nodded at John's thanks, flashing another grin. He stayed back, watching the other two survey the bar. The therapist then looked around the bar himself, seeing all the people. Most of them were henchmen who hated their jobs but were too afraid of their boss to quit, as quitting could have very well meant death. But, there were others too. Some people who had recently been through something tragic, most likely the death of a close relative, or divorce. Then there were the very few who came here just to get drunk for the hell of it. All of these people perturbed Bernard for some reason; maybe it was their problems, maybe it was just him, or maybe it the sheer number of them. Either way, it was troubling. It took a moment for him to realize that John and Collin were already at the bar. He then swiftly made his way through the considerably large crowd and over to the other two men. "Sorry, got a bit... distracted." The therapist apologized.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:53 pm

John noticed Bernard come over to the bar. He flashed a quick smile at him, and tried ignore the Henchmen. But truthfully, he recognized most of them. John knew the burly one in the corner from a jewelry store robbery. John had turned into a snake and half strangled him, that was until the police showed. You could still see the slight scaly scar on the left side of his neck. Then there was the cat burglar at the end of the table. He worked for a seriously creepy villain that John refuses to name.
John wondered if any of them would remember him. If so, he had just gotten the therapist into a lot of crap. John looked over at Collin, who had the same expression. They apparently were thinking the same thing, because Collin mouthed "stay hidden" toward John. John nodded in agreement, and they ventured over to a darker corner of the room.
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:10 pm

Bernard nervously rubbed his hands together, realizing just how many people were in the bar. He had noticed it, but never really took it into account. Now, he was starting to get anxious because of it. The therapist was good with people, but only individually. He was terrible with groups. Bernard stayed close to Collin and John, but continued to glance around nervously, not noticing the expressions on the other men's faces. So, with that, Bernard was very confused when John started to walk towards a considerably dark corner in the pub. Curious, the therapist followed after him, an eyebrow raised. "Wait, why are you over here? Is it because those prats at the bar are smelly? I thought so too if that's why. I mean, I know they work for some criminal, but can't they be bothered to shower at least every once in awhile?" 
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:56 pm

John laughed, but Collin was too busy trying to keep some drunk woman from kissing him. It was quite the funny sight, but totally understandable for the woman. Collin was fairly handsome. "I bet it would kill them. Maybe they took a solemn oath to always smell like the rear end of a drunken goat." John smiled at the therapist, noticing his anxiousness. "It's fine." He said, "And, I have some... acquaintances in this bar." John said, hoping that didn't worry the man more. "I'm just worried they still have grudges. Collin was apparently thinking the same thing, I'm sure he would tell you that but.." John stopped. "I''m a bit preoccupied at the moment..." Collin butted in, still trying to get the woman away from him. John rolled his eyes and looked back at Bernard.
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:33 pm

Bernard looked over at the scene and chuckled, looking at John. "That seems to be quite the situation Collin has gotten himself into. I also think that woman was one of my more recent patients..." He trailed off, slightly raising an eyebrow with a short laugh. "Ehehehe... I don't think that if that was true it would surprise me. If they hadn't sworn to it would surprise me more." The therapist replied, tapping his fingers against the table as his anxiety raged on. He gave a nervous laugh as John noted his anxiety and told him it was fine. "Sorry... I just... I really don't know why I'm a therapist with this stupid anxiety that I get in such crowded areas." Bernard muttered, still tapping his fingers. "Acquaintances?" Bernard questioned, almost stuttering the word. He sighed slightly to calm himself down, still smiling. "Well, if they do, let's just hope that they're too stupid to recognize you two... And if they're not too stupid, well, I guess I'll really have to depend on you two." He continued with a slight shrug, looking at Collin as he butted in. Bernard laughed a bit but didn't say anything, his gave meeting John's as the other man looked at him. "So, um..." The therapist said, clearing his throat as he mentally searched for a conversation topic, hoping dearly that he could find one or John could. Bernard could feel his face grow warm as a slight blush tinted his cheeks out of embarrassment.

{OH MY GOD SEPTEMBER. HOW DO YOU PUT UP WITH ME???}
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:08 am

John smiled at Bernard, who looked uncomfortable in this crowded environment. "So you're a therapist? I bet that's not a slow job in this city." John was implying that the people in this city had problems and really needed help. He didn't realized that certain Therapists might take offence in that type of comment, but Bernard didn't seem like he would... hopefully.

Collin had finally fought the woman off and was standing in a darkened part of the corner, looking over them. He didn't wear a smile on his handsome face. his dark eyes were searching over the crowd of people, trying to find any that were trying to attack, and trying to not be seen. If anyone was going to come close to him, John, or Bernard, Collin would be the first to know.

John was fidgeting with the packages on the table. He wasn't trying to look bored, but thats what it came across as to Collin. Feeling his stomach rumble, Collin raised his head slightly to the waiter, telling him they were ready to order. John ordered some sort of alcohol that Collin didn't really care to pay attention to when it was ordered. He himself ordered a hamburger, as well as John, who had accidentally knocked over the salt shaker and bunching it into a pile with his fingers.
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:46 am

"You wouldn't believe how many patients I've had." Bernard answered, chuckling slightly, an ever so amiable smile on his lips. The therapist shrugged before continuing. "It doesn't pay as much as some might think, but it's a good job nonetheless. You should see some of the cases that I've had before... Some of them are rather unbelievable." He said, grinning at John. Bernard, of course, wouldn't take offence to that. He knew it was true, and also was a rather easy-going guy.

Bernard watched as Collin finally managed to get the woman off him, a small smile still on the therapist's lips. Seeing the hero in the corner seriously worried Bernard, as he saw just how ready he was, should someone attack. The worry showed in his eyes as he threw a glance at John, his smile faltering. At least they're capable enough of holding back some idiots... Bernard convinced himself, putting on a stronger smile and looking at his shoes. The therapist looked so out of place at the bar, in casual but still not all that normal clothing. He ran his fingers through his hair once more, taking a deep breath before clasping his hands together on the table.

Bernard also shared the thought of John being bored and ultimately thought it was because of him. The therapist's mind raced to remember one of the rather crazy patient sessions he'd been through. Luckily, the waiter managed to save him from thinking of something just yet. Bernard waited until John and Collin had ordered before asking what was the strongest alcohol they were able to sell. As soon as the waiter replied, Bernard agreed to just get that. He turned to the others, shrugging slightly. "I'll pay for myself, I promise." Bernard said, grinning slightly.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:56 pm

"Yes, but can you get yourself back home?" Collin asked, meaning both of the men before him. John was very easy to get drunk, but Collin didn't care much for alcohol. Most likely because he was still fairly young, and hadn't really had much time to grow a fondness of it. He usually only ordered 0-proof things, and waited for the drunkards to start rolling around on the floor before he dragged them away. The only purpose of him being here now is to make sure the Therapist and other hero don't start rolling with the other idiots and join some kind of club that gets them killed...

The drinks came soon enough, and John was on his second refill in under 5 minutes. He was already laughing like an idiot, so much that by the time their food came he was laughing so hard he went face-first into his plate. Collin rolled his eyes, stepping forward to drag John's head away from the table and tried to clean it off a little. It didn't work. Collin just hoped Bernard had enough sense to stop drinking when he saw dancing rhinos in blue-and-pink dresses prance into the bar and propose to him. Probably not, but it was worth the hope. He would probably say yes to them and walk out to door smiling like an idiot and muttering about how his mother was wrong, he could find love in this city of weirdos. Collin smiled at the though, which was probably a little startling now that he was in the corner again, and his white smile probably stood out against the dark lighting of the room.
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:18 pm

Bernard gave a small laugh and shrugged, looking at Collin. "Maybe not... But we'll see." He said, giving a small sigh and laughing yet again. Bernard wasn't all too hard to get drunk, but he held his liquor somewhat well. He should be fine if he did get drunk. The therapist propped his elbow up on the table and laid his head in his hand.

He sat up as the drinks came and smiled down at his, downing it a bit after John had gotten his down. And he'd had a few too when the food arrived, but wasn't as drunk as John was at that point. Bernard laughed at John when his face fell into his food, shaking his head slightly before downing yet another drink. The therapists started on his food, his vision a bit blurry as he did so. Bernard looked around and jumped a bit as he saw Collin's smile before smiling back at him. Eventually, he gave up on trying to eat and then decided to get as drunk as the man across the table from him was. It took no time at all, actually, and he was just losing it.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:24 pm

"Can I tell you a secret?" John said randomly after a fit of laughter. It was a total mood change, actually. He stumbled around the table blindly to stand between Bernard and Collin. He leaned forward so his face was just inches from Bernards. He didn't really wait to see if the man actually wanted to hear the secret, he just told him anyway. "I think you're pretty." He said in one foul alcohol filled breath. Collin didn't seem to hear what he had said, because he was once again fighting off drunk women. John vaguely heard him say "No, I don't accept Mastercard. I only except get the fuck off." Or maybe he had imagined it...

Last edited by Chica on Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:45 pm

Bernard raised his eyebrow as John asked if he wanted to hear a secret. He nodded eagerly as John stumbled over, knowing that if he didn't want to it wouldn't have mattered. Bernard looked at John as the man got very close to him, excitedly waiting to hear what he'd have to tell him. As John spoke, Bernard gave a very giddy laugh, almost sounding like a teenage girl. He even blushed a bit but was, all in all, a bit, just a bit, surprised by what John said. "Well, you're rather handsome yourself." The therapist murmured back in reply. Bernard wasn't even paying attention to Collin at that point, knowing he'd be fine mainly because he wasn't drunk off his ass and trying to flirt.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum