Upupup, and Away!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Collection of Living Parts

2 posters

Go down

A Collection of Living Parts Empty A Collection of Living Parts

Post by Herbert Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:18 am

Fuck.

That was the only word Herbert had for his current situation. His situation was a bad one and especially in such a large city where he was currently trying to start over. If anyone really knew what he was up to there was no way he'd escape prison this time. Herbert didn't know what they'd lock him away for, but it'd be something as this probably wasn't legal. And if his experiments were technically legal than they could arrest him on the charges of theft as he had stolen multiple cadavers from the nearest medical college. They probably wouldn't be too happy about it when they finally discovered the missing bodies and pointed the finger of suspicion at him.

Herbert had arrived not too long ago and had been striving to lay low as it hadn't worked out too well in Switzerland nor at the Miskatonic University. He hated thinking back to those failures. It'd gone so wrong... And he'd inadvertently gotten someone he didn't want dead killed. At least Dan had been safe. Herbert especially hated thinking back to those two, whatever had happened to them. Herbert wanted to believe that they'd ended up getting married but there was strong doubt to fight this hope. And all because of him... Since then, Herbert had long since abandoned friendship or love in any way, shape, or form.

And right now, Herbert West was running down the streets with a shovel in his hand, his worn down dress shoes hitting the pavement underneath him repeatedly and hard. His lab-coat flew behind him as he ran, whipping at people, and his satchel bumped against his hip. Herbert bumped into people as he ran and quickly apologized, never stopping once. What was he running after? One of his escaped experiments which just so happened to be reanimated roadkill... a dog specifically. The thing was quite grotesque, honestly, but it needed to be kept a secret and hidden from the general public. It also needed to be killed again.
Herbert
Herbert
Supreme Overlord of the Supreme Overlords

¤ : 21819
Birthday : 0800-12-20

Back to top Go down

A Collection of Living Parts Empty Re: A Collection of Living Parts

Post by Moose Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:20 pm

Matt Murdock was becoming very annoyed by all of the people who kept whispering about him. Or whispering in general. Or speaking. Well, making noises in general. He had a massive headache, it wasn't fun. Maybe going into the city is a bad idea when you're super fucking extrasensory. Not fun.

Matt didn't always mind, of course, it was useful when he needed to surprise some idiot who thought it was funny to beat a blind man. Although, when the sudden waft of animal carcas and chemicals that should have been thrown out months ago reached his nostrils that day, he was less than excited about it. "Why the fuck is that smell moving further away!" The man muttered, only answered by the sound of frantic pounding of feet, obviously following that awful smell.

Matt let out an aggrivated sigh and walked foreward, directly in front of the running person. Judging by the panic in his steps, and the labored breathing the person was either extremely out if shape or had been running for a while, possibly both. "Excuse me sir you smell like science. Does that happen to be your carcas that is running loose around the city?"
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

¤ : 21901

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:29 pm

Herbert forced himself to stop as Matt stood in front of him, heaving. At this rate, he was never going to catch that damn dog and he'd have to relocate... again. The scientist pressed his rather large glasses back up his nose and looked at Matt, giving an exasperated sigh.

"Yes... that carcass is mine. And I'm trying really hard here to catch it. It's a fairly long story on why I need to...and damnit! That thing is fast!" Herbert said, peering past Matt at the reanimated dog oh-so far away. "Really sorry to stop you but I've got to get running again! Have to catch it!" The scientist said quickly as he stepped past Matt before stopping again.

"Wait, what do you mean I smell like science? I... I'd think I'd smell like death... and sweat. Er! Nevermind! Fuck!" Herbert said, getting his mind back on the task he'd set out on. He moved to start running again but stopped himself once more, getting an idea. It usually wasn't good when Herbert got ideas, but this one wasn't too bad.

Herbert turned to Matt with a small smile. "Hey... Excuse me, Sir, would you... Would you mind helping to track my carcass? I've been chasing this thing for a while and I'd love to have some help." The scientist asked, slightly brandishing his shovel, desperately hoping Matt would agree to help.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:45 pm

Matt turned to face the man, because looking at him would be extremely difficult. " Why in living hell is that damn thing alive? Living hell meant literally of course, considering that thing was fresh. And yes, science is a specific smell, death is an action. Sometimes a person. But that's beside the point. Anyway, you smell like your head has been up a dead animals ass with a handful of chemicals down the other end." It was a strange description, but completely accurate.

Matt could still smell the dog, of course, and hear random screams of people as roadkill scurried past them. What kind of an idiotic douche brings an animal ba k to life. " is that a shovel? Are you going to hit a dead dog with a shovel?" Matt extended his arms and and grabbed the shaft of the shovel. "That's a shovel. You're going to hit a dead dog with a shovel. What the hell man! That's not cool!"

Matt might be good at some things while blind, but he had no idea what this man looked like, just that he was fairly skinny, by the sound of his feet. The man was scared, or maybe just super anxious, his heartbeat was annoying. "Fine. I'll help if you just take a fucking shower when we're done."
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:08 pm

Herbert listened to Matt, his eyes glancing over in the direction that his carcass had run off in. If he didn't get this thing under control... Well, he didn't want to think about that. And Herbert honestly couldn't argue with Matt on how he smelled. After finding and collecting fresh roadkill, reanimating the tissue, and running for a very long time after said roadkill, he was sure the smell wasn't pleasant and something like Matt had described. "Sorry for the smell." The scientist said, pursing his lips.

"The dog was dead to begin with! The thing doesn't really have any feeling or perception of pain anymore. When I found it, there was intestine spillage and that was a bit difficult to fix but nothing I couldn't do... I think a lumbar might have also been damaged. And I need to kill it again, as it didn't quite work out that well. I just grabbed a shovel and went with it!" Herbert protested, furrowing his brow and handing over the shovel. "If you can think of a better way to kill it again, then be my guest." He added.

Herbert smiled again as Matt agreed to help and nodded. "I would have showered anyway. Thank you so much for the help." The scientist said gladly, looking at Matt.

Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:34 pm

"You're welcome. Its no big deal. I can still hear it. Smell it. Dude, seriously? Roadkill? You're kidding right? You reanimated Roadkill. What the fuck is wrong with you!!" Matt was very annoyed by this fact for some reason. Maybe because this stupid dog had been revived, while his father couldn't be saved. "Don't be the hero just... don't try to kill the fucking dog again. You obviously can't handle that." Matt began to walk into the general direction of the dog. The exact direction, actually, but who's actually paying attention to that?

Matt strode toward the smells, right into the road, not even checking to see if Science dork was following him. Normal blind men should not run right into the street during rush hour, but Matt could hear the cars, smell the gas, feel the ground vibrating as they rushed around him. He could hear the horns as they barely missed him, and walked across with an insane smile on his face. That guy is fucking crazy! He heard a man mutter across the road. Maybe, but this psycho could kick your ass before you even saw him coming. And he's blind!

Matt reached the other side of the street, following the smell of rotting dog.
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:57 pm

"Listen, I'm not trying to be a hero in any way, shape, or form. What I'm doing? It's for science. I'm a scientist. I experiment. And it just so happens that the security guard that lingers around the morgue was actually doing his job to some degree last night. I didn't have enough time. And with this sort of thing, you can't just... stop and leave it. I've been tweaking the serum and it's starting to actually have results. For example, this damn dog running! Usually the re-animations don't have the ability to run at all, let alone something that dead... But what you see as gross, I see as a break through." Herbert started up angrily and rather quickly, eyes narrowed slightly. He folded his arms and watched Matt go before realizing it might be somewhat good to follow him.

Herbert barely made it across the street after Matt, holding his satchel close to his chest. He exhaled sharply as he somehow managed to get across to the other side, pausing for a moment to recuperate before jogging after Matt.  
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:29 pm

"Actually, I dont see anuthing , so that was a bad analogy." Matt was a few paces ahead of the walking ass, but he didn't slow down any to let the other man catch up. "Also, morogue? Did you try to steal a body? Like a human? I'm not gonna lie this science is really cool, hats off to the crazy asshat who decided reanimating bodies was a good idea, and then follow through with it. Congrats on being 'insanely genious' and all that. Your vulture meat went this way." Matt didn't talk particularly fast, he spoke as if it were a leisurely conversation which only he was part of.

Matt turned down one of the older streets in persuit of the carcas. "Any particular place your little zombie friend could be heading?"
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:39 pm

"I... I meant that metaphorically!" Herbert said, frowning a bit. "But yes, I did mean bodies. Human bodies. Cadavers, in fact. I need them for my experiments. The fresher the better and I mean, these people donated their bodies to science and technically, they still are being used for it. Back at the Miskatonic, my colleagues laughed at me for even suggesting it... Buuuut, I proved them wrong! Then everything kind of went wrong... And now I'm not allowed to go back but that's a different story. Anyway, I thank you for the compliment." Herbert continued, ranting a bit. "And ah! It's good you know where... Vulture meat is because I have no idea." He commented, smiling a bit.

Herbert hurried a bit to catch up to Matt, turning down the street as he did. "Uh... I don't know... I don't think it knows where it was going either. Might be a subconcious thing? Maybe it was running when he got hit and now he's still running?" The scientist suggested. "Oh, I'm Herbert by the way. Herbert West."
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:18 pm

"Matt Murdock." Matt said, turning toward the man as he walked. It was strange, habit probably, that Matt turns toward the people he is walking to as he walked. Not like he can see them, but...curtosy? "Yeah, vulture meat isn't difficult to track. Just follow the smell of dead animal. Very strong, very obnoxious." Matt paused when he noticed their footsteps weren't echoing anymore. He may havr super senses, but he wasn't a bat. Echo location was not something he could do. Vulture meat was somwhere, around the alley, or... Street? Whatever this was, it was becoming more open than before.

"What does it look like?" Matt asked, running his hands across the graffiti ridden wall. He could still smell the dog, very close by. It just got aggravating not being able to see,instead of feel for blood and pawprints, or feel the nooks be read.

Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:26 pm

"Nice to officially meet you, Mr. Murdock." Herbert said, pressing his glasses back up his nose. The scientist looked around, wondering just where in the city they where. He was fairly new there so he wasn't very familiar and at this point... probably lost. Herbert was sure he'd eventually find his way back. "I mean, yes, the smell is strong, but I can't smell it well enough to track it as accurately as you can." He said, looking back at Matt. Herbert swallowed slightly, eyes darting back and forth around his surroundings.

"A street. Open... and rather dark, might I add. Not the type of place I particularly aim to be." Herbert answered, looking at his watch before giving a look of dissatisfaction.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:05 am

"Perfect..." Matt mumbled, tilting his chin upward. It was probably strange to see if my man looking up at the sky in such a weird neighborhood.he just needed to get a better sense of the area around him. It was getting colder, he could feel wind on his face. "Vulture Meat is really really stupid. I'm assuming jt is going toward the highway which you first found him, most likely following his own svent. We should go there." Matt walked back toward Herbert, stopping just a few feet in front of him. "Ah, why, exactly, could you not just apply for a cadaver again?" Matt said, turning back down the alley. "I mean, I guess it is kind of inhumane to reanimate bodies. But... Roadkill is gross. Although I can only smeel it.. To the 400th degree..."
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:48 am

Herbert looked around and drew his coat closer to him, partly from the cold and partly from the slight uneasy feeling he had. He sighed and chuckled slightly, shrugging. "None of my reanimations have been particularly intelligent, though I would say Dr. Hill was probably my most successful and unsuccessful reanimation, in their own ways. I'm still editing the formula currently, trying to perfect it... Vulture meat just has had the misfortune of being one of the most stupid ones I've head, but it's running! And that's thrilling!" Herbert said quietly, getting a bit louder and more excited at the end. The scientist gave a small, nervous laugh at Matt's question. "Well, the Miskatonic made sure that I wouldn't legally get a hold of any cadavers in the future after... well, I'll leave it at incidents." He answered, walking forward. Herbert furrowed his brow, recalling the location of the highway before walking forward. "Luckily, our highway isn't too far away from here." The scientist muttered, looking around.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:55 pm

Matt nodded, and began walking in the general direction of where he thought the dog might be. "Incidents doesn't soud too good. The blind man walked with his hand restingonce and walked with his hand resting against the wall to his left. It was nice feeling to graffiti under his fingers and the texture of the bricks. there were very few things he could enjoy, and he really missed colors, but he could hear more now, and was grateful for the extrasensory crap that came with being blind."did I already ask why you re-animated bodies? was there someone you lost and didn't want to give up, because honestly that's really creepy." Matt had stopped paying attention to the sounds around him and only focused on the god awful smell of that dumb ass dog. It wasn't running anymore, actually wasnt moving at all. Just... Stagnant smell of dead dog, the way dead dog is supposed to smell, staying in the same place. "Is it possible for your dog to die... Again ?"
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:15 am

"Trust me, they aren't." Herbert muttered, scowling deeply as he thought about the Miskatonic. "But, there were a few good things that came about because of that damned medical school... And one of those things isn't a thing at all, rather, a who." The scientist continued, a small but noticeable change in the tone of his voice as he mentioned the someone. Herbert quickly caught himself and cleared his throat, looking around as they continued to walk. He pursed his lips at Matt's question, thinking over how to answer it. "Ah... I don't believe you have... But I suppose I'll give you a bit of insight... You see, I've had a strange fascination with overcoming death from a very young age after... After something happened. I wanted to know if it truly was possible... And I don't quite think I've found my answer yet."  He answered, squinting slightly as he tried to read a sign. He sighed slightly as Matt asked if his dog could die again. Herbert had also noticed the smell, and was a bit disappointed, but glad the dog has died on its own. "It's very possible... And also likely. I'd go ahead and say that it dying again is also what happened." The scientist said, shrugging and turning back. "I guess I didn't need my shovel." Herbert continued nonchalantly.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:31 am

NoAs slight as the voice change may have been Matt noticed it.Things like that didn't just go over his head. Usually even a person with normal hearing could tell that the man was hiding something, or rather avoiding a topic. Matt knew how hard it could be to cope with death of loved ones, he know how hard it was to cope with a lot of things. He decided it was best not to ask any more questions. "Yeah. Its definitely dead Now... I mean, again I guess." Matt turned toward the scientist, raising an eyebrow, asking for the stree t na.r silently. It wasn't really importa, he was just curious.
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:51 am

Herbert looked back at Matt and gave a slight chuckle."Actually, curiously enough, the someone I mention earlier is still alive. Alive and well... His name is Daniel... Daniel Cain." He said, saying the name noticeably slower, still trying to suppress as much emotion as he could. Surprisingly, it wasn't bad emotion for the most part. The scientist managed to push his childhood memories away and focus on Daniel. Herbert looked at the street sign after noticing Matt's raised eyebrow and read it aloud. "Darby Avenue apparently... Darby Avenue... Oh! I know where this is! I can get back from here, if you desire to go back, that is. I don't see much else of an option but..." The scientist said, trailing off at the end and shrugging.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:06 pm

Matt let out a snort when the scientist mentioned anotheran. He could almost sense the lust, maybe his gaydar had been strengthened in the radiation as well. "Follow me." The blind man muttered with a chuckle. Herbert had tried so hard to hide the change in tone, but did he honestly think that would work? It seemed like it, but Herbert was too smart for that. Matt decided it was best to leave it alone for now.

Matt started off down the road, navigating through the trash and homeless people on the sides of the road, muttering friendly comments and promising himself to come back to them.
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:31 am

Herbert's face flushed slightly as Matt snorted, realizing that he probably didn't hide how he felt for Dan too well. Especially given that the person he'd tried to hide it from was extrasensory. Not the smartest move on his part, he noted. The scientist was just glad that Matt decided to not question him. Herbert raised an eyebrow as Matt told him to follow, but didn't verbally question him as there really wasn't a point. He walked after Matt as he started to walk, looking around.

"Would you be willing to tell me where exactly we're going?" Herbert asked as they walked, rather confused.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:08 pm

"I'd be willing if I knew exactly where we were going." Matt said, very matter-o-factly. It was strange, how someone with no sight could use sass more efficiently than most of those who could see. He was an interesting man, and hadn't ever been so sarcastic before he went blind, it probably had something to do with being done with everyones shit, or the sudden realization that everyone else was a complete moron. "I think your dog is really stupid, I'm positive he has been hit by a car, and I'm pretty sure he has no head. So have fun reanimating that." Matt muttered as he walked on toward an old dirt road. He could feel the dust smacking him in the face, and he didn't like it. "Can you see the dog? They're dirt up my nose."
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:14 pm

Herbert shrugged slightly at Matt's response. "Well, I'm not going to protest. I've nothing better to do and believe me, if I did, I would not be here." The scientist muttered, looking around once more. He had noted Matt's sarcasm but didn't think much of it and he himself was too blunt to every really use sarcasm. "Well, I do suppose I haven't ever completely gotten to the point at which a reanimated subject has had true intelligence... er, except for one but that's... never mind. Anyway, I've had response to commands in some subjects and various other resulting levels of intellect. It's not surprising." Herbert spoke, giving a small noise of indifference as he examined the twice dead corpse. "And don't worry, I have made somewhat of a vow against reanimating anything heads and their separate bodies." He stood up and dusted his hands off, turning towards Matt.

"Do you think we'll need to bury it? I mean, it could easily be dismissed as very horrific roadkill, but... who knows." Herbert asked, once again surveying the dead animal.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:12 pm

"I think you should bury it, yes." Matt said, taking a few steps away from the dead creature. "I think it's best that you don't reanimate heads separate from their bodies, that was a good call on your part. Have any of these experiments been actually successful or do they all end up looking like roadkill?" Matt wasn't actually sure where specifically the dog was, he just in general could smell it all over the road. Gross.

"You dropped the shovel, didn't you?" Matt muttered, crossing his arms. He didnt think the doctor had kept the shovel this long, and didnt really know what the man was gonna do with it if not bury the dog, kill it, probably. Such a kind-hearted completely sane human being.
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:58 pm

Herbert nodded and looked at the twice dead animal. "Best keep it out of the road... and away from people's eyes." The scientist said. "I've learned my lesson about separate head reanimation. It was quite a painful lesson, both on mine and my... colleague's part. Oh, believe me, the majority of them actually don't even end up looking like roadkill. There's just a bit of an issue with them becoming violent... and the wrong ones gaining some sort of conscience. Even the plants have become a bit violent... trying to grow and take over each other. Quite interesting." Herbert responded with a shrug.

And that's when he actually facepalmed himself. The shovel. The very thing he needed in order to bury it successfully... he had indeed dropped. "I did, in fact, drop my shovel." Herbert reluctantly admitted, cursing under his breath. The scientist bit his lip before getting an idea. He shrugged his lab coat off his shoulders and wrapped what he could collect of the dog in it. Herbert walked away and discarded the coat and dog in a ditch, returning to Matt a short time later.

"Problem solved. Now, if we could please get back to the city, I really need to shower." Herbert said, trying to wipe some of the blood on his hands off on his pants.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:20 pm

"Please tell me you didn't just throw that dog in a ditch? Not that I'm gonna go get the shovel, but you just refrenced sight and then threw dog-soup into a ditch on the side of the road. At least before it seemed like an accident, now it seems like someone threw a dog out of a car window. How inconsiderare." Matt took a step toward Herbert, tilting his head at the mention of his colleague. Matt guess this was the one friend Herbert had and was gay for, by the way he said the word... But didn't say anything himself. It didn't really matter, just general information that may be used in the future.
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:15 pm

Herbert tugged at his collar slightly and pushed his glasses back up his nose, looking away from Matt and not saying anything. The scientist cleared his throat and crossed his arms. "I'm not known for how considerate I am." He responded bluntly, evading directly answering whether or not he had discarded the dog in the ditch.

As Matt took a step forward, Herbert took a step back, narrowing his eyes a bit. "But like I said earlier, can we please get back to the city?" He said, his voice tinged with a bit of aggravation. It wasn't particularly aimed at Matt, but merely aggravation with his current situation that was surfacing somewhat.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum