Upupup, and Away!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr. Bernard Williams's Office

3 posters

Go down

Dr. Bernard Williams's Office Empty Dr. Bernard Williams's Office

Post by Herbert Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:36 am

Bernard chewed lightly on the cap of his pen as he scribbled something down, trying to get the information his sobbing patient was choking out. He bit his lip slightly, blue eyes moving to look at the problem-ridden person. Bernard sighed, his patient pausing to give a particularly loud sob. "Ms. Terrance.... Ms. Terrance... I know... I know this is difficult... But you have to move on. By sticking to him and not allowing yourself to get over his passing, you're only holding yourself back from relieving the grief that you have." The therapist said, his voice firm but soft at the same time. The crying woman looked stunned, but also like she had just realized what the cure to cancer was. Bernard expected that; even if he had only been a therapist for about a year, but he was well known in the area and had quite a lot of patients.

"Well, I'm sorry Ms. Terrance, but our time is up." He said quietly, finishing his notes from that session. Ms. Terrance nodded slowly, still looking rather shocked as he picked up her purse and exited the small and kind of dark office. Bernard watched as she walked, shaking his head slightly. Poor woman... Always gets like that when one of her cats dies... But this time it was one of her favorites, Mr. Cottontail... Wait... they're all her favorites... Still.... Poor woman! The therapist thought, sighing for Ms. Terrance as he ran his fingers through his hair. "Hm... Why is it so dark in here..." Bernard muttered, standing up and stretching as he crossed the small room and opened the window, allowing the light of the noon-sun to fill the room. "Much better." Bernard commented to himself, putting his rather thin hands on his prominent hips and allowing a small smile to take the shape of his lips.

He glanced down at the clipboard in his hand, lifting up the page full of notes on Ms. Terrance and her three dead cats, to look at his schedule. Bernard shifted his glasses so he could get a better look at the small print. "My next patient is in... an hour? Well, how about that. I get an hour all to myself! Ha! How nice..." He murmured, small smile a bit broader at the news. The therapist moved his gaze to look up at the sky above, observing a few birds. He then basically got lost in all his thoughts. Bernard had nothing to do, after all. His parents were dead and he had no idea where his brother was, so that crossed meeting up with his family off the list of things people generally tended to do. He barely got out, so he had no friends. Another thing crossed off. Bernard didn't even have any enemies he could worry about; he just wasn't the type of guy to make enemies or friends. The therapist, of course, did not have any lover to attend to and was extremely organized, so there were two more things he didn't have to do.

In the end, Bernard used most of his free time to think or read. And today, he decided he was going to think. It had dawned on him earlier that he had a lot to think about. The direction his life was going to go in mainly, both the big things and small things; Would he ever get married? Would he ever have children? Would he ever move from the city? Would he ever go back to Westminster in a whole, "return to your roots" kind of ordeal? What about retiring eventually? What about getting a cat? What about dinner tonight? All of those were questions currently in the therapist's head. But then, his mind decided to wonder to the birds and what it would be like to fly, to have wings, to feel the wind and air and see everything from up above without having to be confined to a small plane seat or having to worry about the danger of plummeting from the sky because some animal got caught in your hot-air balloon. It must be fun, it must make one feel free as... well... a bird.

Oh... How many things there were for Bernard to think about.

Last edited by Taka Loki on Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:08 am; edited 3 times in total
Herbert
Herbert
Supreme Overlord of the Supreme Overlords

¤ : 21779
Birthday : 0800-12-20

Back to top Go down

Dr. Bernard Williams's Office Empty Re: Dr. Bernard Williams's Office

Post by Moose Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:27 am

Keira wandered around a rando building in the city. She looked around at all the people in their desks. They would turn their heads to her as she walked by. Being dressed in only Neon, she was used to it. There was a young man cleaning papers off the ground. He looked up to her as she walked by, "oh, good sir, Not to worry. I will rule you soon." she said to him. He gave her a troubled look and then went back to his work. Keira smiled at every person who looked up at her. She passed an office with a man looking at pictures of... she would rather not say. "well we cant have that." she said, and the computer wend black. "watch what your loking for." she said to the man, and kept walking. She came to an office when a woman came out crying. The woman bowed out of the room and held the door for Keira. "hello" she said to a man in a comfy looking chair.

Last edited by Tony Stark on Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

¤ : 21861

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:33 am

Bernard jumped a considerable height as Keira entered, being very easy to scare and startle. In a way, he was kind of like a deer. A doe, to be exact. Sweet, but very hard to get close to. One of the first things he noticed was what she was wearing, though he only stole a quick glance. "Um... Hello?" He said, questioningly, studying her face. Weird. This stranger that had just walked into his office seemed... other-worldly. "Um... Miss... Do we have an appointment? And if you would like to schedule one, I ask that you please call me before coming in... Especially silently. I'm easily frightened." The therapist continued, his hands awkwardly at his side. "But... Something tells me you're not here for therapy... If not coming here for therapy, why are you in my office? Oh, and I never got a name. I'm Bernard." He said kindly, offering a smile. As far as he knew, being friendly was the best way to deal with people dressed in neon that have randomly walked into your office not seeking your help and have, so far, have not tried to murder you.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Scout Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:01 am

Alex took off as she had to get back to her house quickly. Normaly she wouldnt have done this, but hey Alex was in a rush. " Ok, looking for my house... it is somewere around here. " If I fly to low then people will see me. She thought to her self. A bird flew by her as Alex bumped into it. " Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! " Alex quickly said. She then got distracted. " I am sorry, uh are ok? " She asked. At this point Alex forgot that she was flying, and then she hit a window and went right through. " Uh hiya guys, whats up? Ok you may be wondering why some kid with wings is in the room. Ok I dont know, I ran into a bird, and then I am here... "
Le Scout
Le Scout
Weenie

¤ : 20429
Birthday : 0813-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:36 pm

Keira frowned. "The strange man thinks I need therapy?" Keira said, looking down at her wrist. "I need no therapy. The winged girl is the one with issues. Stupid girl. She ran into the window!" Keira started laughing uncontrollably. Every light in the office flickered. The building looked like every person in the building was turning the lights on and off and on and... you know the drill. "Eww, glass." Keira said pointing at the ground. She jumped on the back of the mans chair. She sat perched there like a cat, making a sour face at the ground. "Glass will go right through Keira's shoe's. Keira doesn't want cut feet." she hook her head vigorously, "Nope nope nope nope."
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:02 pm

Bernard jumped again as Alex came crashing through the window, that time managing to fall out of his chair. The therapist was having a really hard time calming down. It was anxiety on top of fear and he had issues with both. He took a few deep breaths, attempting to calm himself at least somewhat. He closed his eyes, still taking deep breaths. "Okay... Okay... These people aren't in my office... I'm hallucinating... Just seeing things..." Bernard tried to assure himself, but when he opened his eyes, they were still there. "Okay, not hallucinating. Unfortunate." He murmured to himself, though he was slightly calmer. That was when he decided to look at the damage the winged girl had caused. The therapist then crouched down by the girl. "Are you okay? Did you get cut? And... I'll make sure I get that fixed." He said, standing back up and returning to his chair, which now had an insane woman on the back of it. He tried to ignore her as he reached for his clipboard, putting a fresh page of paper on the top. "So, Keira, I presume, tell me a bit about yourself. Oh, and you over there," He pointed to the winged girl on the ground, "What is your name?"
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:10 pm

"No no no." Keira said, leaping from the back of the chair. "What did you do to this phone?" She asked, lifting the office phone off of the desk. "It is broken and sad. Why would you do such a thing? What kind of person hurts a poor helpless phone?" Keira set the phone down and touched it with her forefinger. It glowed blue for a second, and then went back to its normal black color. "Much better." Keira said, sitting down on the floor with Alex, "The bird girl is funny. She has wings. She crashes windows and breaks things. I like the bird girl. She will be my friend when I am ruler." Keira said to herself. "And for the helpful man, I am Keira. You should not chew on plastic. It is bad for your teeth." Keira gave him a dazzling smile. Her bright blue eyes sparkled brightly. "Keira would like to know your name. Or did you tell her? Oh yes, you are Bernard! Keira likes Bernard. He is helpful. Bernard is nice! He wants to help Keira. Keira doesn't need help. Keira can do things herself." She said to her bracelet, switching to the phone half-way through.
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:47 pm

"I've only ever used the telephone, I do not think it is broken..." Bernard mumbled, watching as Keira did something to the phone. That didn't scare him nearly as much as her walking in silently and the bird-girl crashing through his now broken window. "Um... Thank you for fixing it, I suppose." He said quietly, scribbling something down. "Wait, when you are ruler? What do you mean? And my teeth are fine, thank you." The therapist asked, a thin eyebrow arched. "My name is- yes, it is Bernard. And thank you. It actually is my job to help people... Um... Mentally I suppose. Not! Not saying that Bernard thinks you're insane! That's just Bernard's job... And damn! You have Barnard talking in third person." The therapist said, pronouncing his name like Burnurd. He smiled, chuckling lightly as he jotted something else down.

Just then, a knock was heard on his door. Bernard raised an eyebrow and set his clipboard to the side, face-down. He stood up and opened the door slowly, wondering who could have possibly come knocking at his door. The person standing in the doorway made his eyes go wide. But he also made him angry. Bernard narrowed his eyes, nostrils flared. He didn't really get angry, but this was definitely something the infuriated. "I'm going to kill you! It's been six years!" He said loudly, attempting to pummel his brother's face in.

Christopher put his arms in defense. "Don't kill the gorgeous man! We're endangered!" He said, attempting to lighten the mood. When Bernard had finally stopped trying to punch him, Christopher had a slight smile on his face, but his brother's expression didn't change. "Bern, you're really looking past the point! I'm here now! I came to find you! I've wanted to see you for such a long, long time... But  couldn't deal with how you would react to me telling you I was leaving. So, do you forgive me?" He explained, smile still apparent. His younger sibling nodded slowly before Chris engulfed him in a hug. "You see, we're together again, that's what matters.... Now, I see that you've got a patient, a bird-girl, and a broken window. Why don't I stick around and help, eh?" Chris asked, entering the office and sitting down on the couch in the room as Bernard invited him inside.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:02 pm

"Pretty man!" Keira said in awe. Her eyes were wide. She stood and half helped, half dragged Alex to her feet. "Burnurd? ha! BURNURD! Thats a funny way to say it!" Keira started to laugh. "and the Pretty man likes Burnurd. Keira likes Burnurd too. Keira thinks the pretty man should stay and talk. And that is not a very nice word!" She said, hitting Bernard as he cussed. "What is the Pretty Mans name. The Pretty man has nice hair." Keira gave a bright smile. She was very pretty when not being insane. She could also be very likable, to the right people. "Burnurd" She mocked his accent. "Did you ask Keira to tell you about herself? Well Keira can't do that. Keira doesn't remember. All Keira knows is that Keira will be ruler. The humans need a good ruler." Her eyes sparkled and the lights flickered again.
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Bernard turned his head slightly to glare at Keira for making fun of his accent. "It's not a funny way to say it, that's how I pronounce it! I'm British, after all. And now that I think about it, the way you pronounce is even stranger." He snapped before sighed, rubbing his temple. "I apologize, I guess that recent events have got me a bit edgy." The therapist said quietly, throwing a glare at his brother. Just because he had forgiven Chris did not mean that was any less angry. Every single time he came home for the holiday, he looked forward to seeing Chris the most, but every single holiday, Chris was never there. And now, six years later, he decided to come and fin his brother? It made the generally calm and nice therapist extremely angry.

Christopher cringed slightly at his brother's glare, but continued to smile anyway, though his fear was displayed in his bright blue eyes. He chuckled lightly at Keira's comment. "Thank you, and my name is Christopher, or Chris rather... Bernard over there is my brother." He said, pronouncing certain words just like Bernard would. "And ha. I try to keep my hair nice, with it being so long at all." Chris commented, running his fingers through his hair, which he actually had down that day. He then crossed his arms, not exactly knowing what to do with them.

"You don't remember?" Bernard questioned, his glare finally leaving Chris as he looked down at his clipboard, which was in his lap again. The therapist nodded, writing something down. "The ruler of the humans, you say? And now, what makes you believe that you would be successful in conquering the earth? And if you did, what then? What would you do when you have them all under your thumb? Or, however many there will be left.... The vast majority of them might even die trying to fight you... And what is ruling a world without any subjects?" He asked, firing question after question at the villain, his piercing blue eyes now on her. Bernard shifted his glasses slightly so that they would sit better on her nose as he awaited her answer.

Christopher looked very surprised at Bernard, and he didn't try to hide it. "Berny, are you sure that-" He silenced himself as his sibling's gaze moved to him, but only for a second.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:21 pm

Keira's eyes flared. "You dare doubt me!" Her voice shook. "You dont believe the little crazy girl can do it? Of course not! no one does! No one ever has!" Keira stood quickly. And just as fast she jumped onto the desk. "You don't believe I can do it alone! I didn't plan on killing anyone! But trust me sir, I am capable! Highly capable! Yet you still doubt me! I can see it in your eyes! Its not like I want the world for my own good. I want it for yours! YOU MORTALS NEED CONTORL! I WAS JUST GOING TO GIVE IT TOO YOU!." Keira said it in a rage. Her eyes glowed and the lights burned brighter. The wires for the lamp sitting next to Bernard started to constrict around his arms and legs. Keira glared down at him. "Yes, listen to your brother Bernard, I am NOT the person to mess with." Keira stood there. She glared down at the therapist. She had the power to make HIM insane, if she really wanted to. Just cut the blood circulation from his head, then let it flow again. She didn't really think of that though.
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:42 pm

Bernard somehow managed to stay calm during her ranting. "No, I was not doubting you. I was asking what gave you the idea to take over the world. What gave you the confidence and the passion to believe you would be successful. And yes, I know you don't plan on killing anyone, but deaths are inevitable. No matter what, humans are going to revolt, try and fight you, and die trying. You'll get angry with the ones who aren't willing to submit to your rule. Not to mention the countless veterans that will be ordered to fight you..." He mused, his eyes closed for a moment. "Our good? What makes you think that trying to rule us, the people who have fought for freedom for centuries, is for our own good? I can tell you one thing, trying to rid the world of freedom is a bad idea." The therapist said quietly, eyes open again. He was starting to get a bit concerned, but for the most part kept calm. That was until the wires wrapped around his arms and legs. Bernard's eyes widened as he struggled for a moment of two, but soon stopped upon realizing it would be of no use.

Christopher watched the exchange anxiously, his hand gripping the arm rest tightly. He stood up as Keira acted against his brother, only wanting to protect him. "Stop this at once! He has done nothing wrong!" Chris cried out, looking at the villain. "I ask that you release him and leave, as you have overstayed the welcome you never received." He added, eyes narrowed as he tensed, preparing to tackle and force her out of the room. Just then, Bernard's next patient walked into the room, and was confused by the site. The actual therapist couldn't exactly talk at the moment, so, Chris answered for him. "Um... Dr. Williams is busy at the moment... Call him later to reschedule. Thank you and um... have a nice day?" The hero offered, the man simply nodding and getting away as fast as he could.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:51 pm

Keira switched her glare. She turned to Chris. "Oh. So you doubt me to, eh?" An evil smile appeared on her face. "Do you know the number of mortals and Villains that would be willing to fight FOR me? And I do not plan on taking away freedom. I plan on making freedom more livable. Do you know what freedom has caused? millions and millions of murders. That's what. People will soon realize that I am not all that bad. I would be a nice person. IF IT WEREN'T FOR YOU INSUFFERABLE FOOLS WHO GO AROUND TESTING MY POWER!" Keira screamed, shaking her fist. She knew that Chris was planning on attacking her. But he underestimated her ability to fight. She was quicker and smaller. She could very easily trick him into jumping out the window. The wires around Bernard loosened.
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Scout Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:44 pm

Alex glanced up at everyone as she quickly stood up in front of everyone. " The name is Alex. Pleased to meet you. " After all the crazy stuff that had just happened in the last few moments. Alex desided to stay quite up to this point. She then sighed as she looked at Keira. " Keira, its ok. No one here is doubting you. We all know you are powerful. You two, need to chill. Lets not get all fighty up in Bernard's office, why dont we go outside? It would save time and combacks are kinda getting more worse at this point. And one more thing. " Alex hid a smile as she poked Keira's shoulder. " Ha, tag you are it. " She said as she started to fly above her. " Come and get me, Slowpoke! "
Le Scout
Le Scout
Weenie

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:57 pm

Bernard realized that replying to Keira would get him nowhere good, so he simply stayed quiet and tried to relax his anxiety filled self. He looked at Chris, fear in his eyes as he started to feel the circulation in his wrist and ankles start to get cut off. Luckily, the villain loosened the wires just enough to prevent that from happening. The therapist slid his arms and legs from the wires, as they were just thin enough to be able to be slid from the restraints. He noticed his brother clench his fists and step forward, but Bernard shook his head quickly, signaling that fighting wasn't the best option. And Christopher backed off, but still stood rigidly, ready to brawl in necessary. Bernard sighed with relief, relaxing back into his chair and closing his eyes. He allowed a slight smile as Alex tried to calm Keira down, hoping it would work. "Um... Yes, Alex is right. Keira, I apologize for questioning you. But... Maybe we could all get lunch hm? I'll pay and we'll all not kill each other. Sounds good, no?" The therapist offered, a kind smile on his face again.

Chris nodded, seeming to snap out of his defensive posture at the mention of food. "I like the sound of that! I'm hungry." The hero said excitedly. "Chris, you're always hungry." Bernard said, looking at his brother. "Oh, shut up Berny." Chris grumbled.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:49 pm

Keira glared as the girl poked her. Keira looked up at her as she hovered above. She did a back-flip off the desk and her foot caught Alex in the face. "Your it" Keira said through her teeth. Then she softened. Her eyes returned to normal and a kind smile appeared on her face. "I like chicken. We should get some. And uh, sorry about the wires... ish." She said quickly. She wanted some friends. Just... not hero friends. She didn't apologize to the bird-girl, for she was not sorry. She purposely kicked her in the face. "We really should get lunch. And, I dont have money... so you paying is good." Keira smiled broadly. In this state, it was hard to stay mad at her.

OOC: Sorry, this is kind of Crap...
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Scout Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:01 pm

" Nice refexes. Ow. " Alex said comming down and sitting on the floor. " Yah, I guess we should get something to eat. Where is a place you guys would want to go? " Alex folded her wings back as she put a coat on over them. She didnt care if it was hot outside. " Um, lets see what we can find. I dont care where we go really, " Alex stood up and started to walk out the door. " Well come on guys, what are you waiting for? More people to come in? " Alex sighed again as she continued to walk out the door.
Le Scout
Le Scout
Weenie

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:26 pm

Bernard nodded, looking at the other three in the room. "Don't apologize to me, Keira. It was my own fault. The idiotic mistakes made by the average therapist. Asking the wrong questions to the right people." He said, chuckling softly as he stood up, Christ on his feet again quickly. "And you said chicken? Strange. I'm more of a fish person myself, not that that matters... But I do know a place, no need to worry about that." The therapist said softly, his smile kind, as it generally tended to be. The last hour or so had to be the most exciting thing that had happened to him in the past year or so. Last year someone had attempted to rob his apartment, but they did pick the wrong apartment to rob, as Bernard was taught a few things about fighting from his brother. He was still worried though. He had a pretty tricky situation on his hands...

Christopher's grin was as broad as it could be as he started towards the door, grabbing his brother and throwing the therapist over his broad shoulder before walking out of the complex that held Bernard's office.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:30 pm

Keira walked happily behind the others. "No, Keira doesn't like fish. Fish has salmonella in it. Bad for girls. But you can like fish. Keira just likes chicken." She said happily. She laughed as Chris threw Bernard over his shoulder. "Strong pretty man. Bernard is going for a ride!" She chuckled.

OOC: no, that is crap ^^^
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down