Upupup, and Away!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few of your least favorite things

2 posters

Go down

A few of your least favorite things Empty A few of your least favorite things

Post by Moose Thu May 28, 2015 8:01 pm

The strangest thing about Skye's new apartment was not the suspicious blood stain on the ceiling but the lack of rooms in which to live. There was a bathroom, of course, with a toilet and a lovely corner for the garbage can he would use for pad disposal during his dreaded menstrual weeks. There was one bedroom, with a lovely view of a dumpster behind a McDonalds. There was a sort of living room with half of a kitchen jutting into itm the kitchen was kinda nice, new floors and a faint smell of sulfur and bleach. There was an over abundance of electrical outlets, which seemed weird because there were absolutely no light fixtures. The apartment would have to do because Skye had no money and didn't plan on getting a job. He settled himself on the floor of his kind of living room with his pot of dirt and pot and just sat, waiting for something to actually happen.
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

¤ : 21751

Back to top Go down

A few of your least favorite things Empty Re: A few of your least favorite things

Post by Herbert Thu May 28, 2015 8:55 pm

Staci unlocked the door and opened it, a singular grocery bag on their synthetic arm. "I had fifteen dollars with me and I managed to get bread, lunch meat, milk, Oreos, and cat food. Not too bad." They said, setting the bag down in the "kitchen" and putting the groceries away. Staci walked over to Skye and sat down next to him, looking over. "So... how has your day been?" They asked quietly, eyes shifting down to the pot in the pot.
Herbert
Herbert
Supreme Overlord of the Supreme Overlords

¤ : 21669
Birthday : 0800-12-20

Back to top Go down

A few of your least favorite things Empty Re: A few of your least favorite things

Post by Moose Thu May 28, 2015 9:09 pm

"Well, I woke up this morning in our two inch wide bedroom with female genitals and breasts which would be fine if I was a woman. Other than that, my days been fine. What's in the bag?" As always, Skye had that bitter tone he got when he was annoyed about something. Which was mostly all the time.
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Thu May 28, 2015 10:23 pm

"If I could do something other than buy you chocolate, pads, and pot, I would. But we can hardly afford rent." Staci pointed out, patting Skye reassuringly on the back. The android gave a small smile and glanced at the kitchen. "Groceries. Oh, and I got you Oreos." They said, standing up and taking the bag of cat food out of the bag and opening it before pouring some in a cheap plastic food dish. "This apartment is small, but I swear I can never find that cat." Staci commented, more to themselves than Skye.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Thu May 28, 2015 10:40 pm

The cat was actually one think Skye had a weakness for, although he pretended to hate it half the time. "The damn cat is hanging out in the McDonalds dumpster, sorry I left the window open for too long." The cat wasn't a necessity and definitely doesn't help them with rent, but Lasagna is cute and helps with stress. "Staci? I have a serious question to ask you" Skye looked up at Staci before continuing "can you get me some oreos... And a glass of milk?"
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Thu May 28, 2015 10:58 pm

"I don't know why I even bother to buy cat food when Lasagna eats out of the dumpster... Strange. The cat always comes back. I'm starting to think it likes us." Staci joked with a quiet laugh, that didn't seem all too human. The android sat back down next to Skye, closing their eyes for a moment. Staci opened them again to give a confused look to Skye as he started to ask something. They rolled their eyes and nodded, standing up once more. "Only because you're cute... sometimes." The android responded, taking a glass and pouring milk into it and grabbing the package of cookies.

Last edited by Herbert on Fri May 29, 2015 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Thu May 28, 2015 11:15 pm

"you know it baby." Skye commented with a wink as Staci got up for the cookies and milk. "Wait what do you mean sometimes? I'm cute all the time, jerk." Skye stood up to look out the bedroom window. The cat was there, actually sitting on the ledge and meowing violently. "Yeah I know I'm a prick. Hold on I'll let you in. Shut up already you're inside dammit!" The cat seemed to make more noise than both residents combined. Its a good thing the landlord didn't give a shit about anything because the cat could get super annoying. And sometimes Skye spontaneously switched genders but thats easier to deal with. And doesn't happen often. "Found the cat. Its coming for you Staci, watch your arms." Lasagna got violent when left outside for too long.
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Fri May 29, 2015 12:16 am

"Yes, yes, of course. My bad. You're always cute. 24/7." Staci responded, rolling their eyes and crossing their arms. The android watched as Skye complained at the cat and the cat complained back, rather amused. "Hm... there were just about twenty cats in that shelter and we just had to pick the noisiest one in there." They commented, grinning. "I'm just glad I don't have real blood. I think Lasagna gets confused when she scratches me." Staci muttered, picking up the cat as it came towards them. "Oh, come on you fat cat, time to eat some real food." The android said to the feline, placing her down in front of the bowl. "And your cookies and milk are on the counter." Staci said, turning towards Skye.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Fri May 29, 2015 1:06 am

"Thank you for admitting it Staci I know what that must take." Skye walked back into the kitchen/living room to retrieve his cookies and their wonderful sidekick - milk. "Wait, did we buy anything other than cookies and lunch food? It'll last us about two days, you know how much I eat!" Skye was not so surprisingly serious about his food. "What about alchohol? Did you get us alchohol? If I have to grow wheat and potatoes again. To make my own I swear to God!"
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Fri May 29, 2015 2:30 pm

"Actually... I didn't. I figured we could hold off on the alcohol this week so we could have a little extra. But I guess when I return in two days, I could get some of the cheap kind. And I swear, if you starting growing potatoes and wheat again..." Staci said, giving a small sigh. "Next time, why don't you do the grocery shopping and not go over budget, hm?" The android asked with a slightly snarky tone, bending down to pet the cat.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Fri May 29, 2015 2:55 pm

"I don't go because they dont like me! It really depends on how I'm feeling that day. I won't buy alchohol actually, I'd rather have actual food. Maybe I'll buy a lamp or something. Our apartment is super dark. Do you want anything? Don't worry, I won't go over the budget." Skye winked at the android at the last sentence. He had that devilish smile on his face that he usually only gets when talking to other villains.
It was true, people usually don't like him, but he didn't really care. It probably had something to do with the suspicious clothing or the fact that his hair color was different every time he went shopping, which isn't a valid reason to dislike someone, but the people who worked at their supermarket was billion year old women who always called him "ma'am". It wasn't pleasant. "How much is our budget these days? Like, four cents?"
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:00 am

"Well, I don't think I can argue with that... But they really need to get some fresher faces. I could always call corporate and complain that their employees aren't respecting their customers." Staci said, considering the idea for a moment and deciding to log it in case it could actually come into play. The android moved to stand next to Skye, leaning into him a bit. At the question about their budget, Staci actually thought about it for a moment. "The maximum I've ever spent on groceries was thirty, but I generally average fifteen, I guess. I was actually saving up to buy you a new binder because, lets face it, your old one is ratty as all hell." The android answered, looking at Skye.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:19 am

Skye looked up at Staci, wondering how the hell they even found money to save and adjusting his binder at the mention of it. "See, this is why I love you." He took a bit of his Oreo and stared at the android, glad he actually had someone to live with that a) accepted gender change and b) cared enough to buy him binders. He really had had the one he was currently wearing for quite a while. Also, he had absolutely no money for rent so that was a huge factor to the whole roommate situation. "I think I can live without liquer for a new goddamn binder"
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:43 am

"What would you do without me, Skye?" Staci said, smirking a little bit. The android moved its arm, causing a small whirring sound. They leaned back against the counter, looking around the small apartment. Staci snorted a laugh and nodded. "Oh, I would surely hope so, Skye. I've been looking a bit and I think I found a good one for a decent price... So that's exciting." The android said. "Now... Do you think there's anything fun to do that's free?" Staci asked, raising an eyebrow.
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:59 am

"Well, I'd have a crappy binder and be living in an alley. But other than that I don't think I need ya that much." Skye rolled his eyes, mostly at himself. There was in fact nothing he could do without Staci providing help, other than grow plants at will. "We could do drugs, or I could anyway" Skye replyed calmly to the question of what they should be doing.
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:25 pm

"You're bluffing, Skye." The android replied, still smirking. Staci patted Skye's shoulder and leaned the back of their head against the nearest cabinet. "Oh, well that's always something. Except, drugs have no effect on me because I'm not an actual person... luckily no one else knows that." They said, rolling their eyes. "I meant like... something free we could do that's outside of this hell hole."
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:17 pm

"we could always go down to the park. I'm pretty sure there's something going on down there todaym. And if there isn't then we can just... Walk" because they had no money walking was the most interesting thing that ever happened to the two roomates. Skye didn't like public places anyway. He always had to go to the women's restroom because he couldn't sit on a urnal. Well, that and the fact that opening pads in the mens room raised a lot of suspicious. At least the park had those crappy porta potties without specification. "It's probably free for the most part anyway. Maybe they'll have a contest or something we can win and they'll give us money"
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:43 pm

"I like the park." Staci said, thinking about it. It was nice, outside, there was plenty to see, the nature was always pleasant to look at (as long as you didn't focus on the trash or the occasional used condom), and more importantly, it was free. "Alright. Let's do it." The android concluded, looking at Skye. They walked back to the small bedroom and grabbed Skye's jacket, bringing it to him. "I haven't checked the weather but it's always good to be prepared." Staci said, shrugging slightly. "I doubt they've started to charge money just to go to a park... And hey, who knows. Maybe they'll have one of those 'keep your hand on the car the longest and win it or something' contests. As you can imagine, I'm quite good at those." The android mused, grinning broadly. Unless there was another non-human who didn't need to eat or sleep competing, Staci pretty much was garunteed to win... Should there actually be a contest. Staci didn't want to get their hopes up before they even knew something was going down. The android crossed the room and opened the door, turning around to face Skye. "You coming?"
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:54 pm

"Yeah I'm coming." Skye mumbled, getting to his feet and joining Staci at the door. "Or they may have one of the biggest tomato contests or something, I'm pretty good at those. Or better yet, maybe they'll have both." Sometimes Skye forgot about his powers. They were rooted in emotion so some weeks were bett than others on that spectrum, pun intended. Growing plants could probably feed them for a while, which is why they never grew fresh produce, but he couldn't grow anything out of season so winter was kind of brutal.

Skye stepped into the hallway, tucking his key in his pocket on the way out, aling with his mostly empty walet save for a picture if his sister and drivers license. "Will ya lock the door?"
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:56 pm

"Ah, I was hoping you were." Staci remarked, snickering a bit. "I think that would technically be cheating... or rather... playing to your strengths." The android said, nodding. "We should probably think about checking out the state fair when it rolls in. We could probably take the blue ribbon and cash prizes for each of the biggest whatever contests..." They mused, looking at Skye. The android nodded and took their key out of their own pocket, locking the door. Staci slipped their key back into their pants and stretched a little. "The parks not too far away... but it's still a bit of a walk. Would you rather drive? I'm not sure how much gas there is in the car though."
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:50 pm

"Me? Cheating? Never!" Skye exclaimed, mostly sarcastically. The boy was trustworthy for the most part, he didn't lie often because in all honesty he wasn't good at it. "Well we can't very well take a cab now can we? I think I can drive, it'll be alright" Although he was sure there was little gas in the car he didn't much feel like walking. People were rude to him, and always asked about Staci. He didn't like explaining his gender situation or his Android situation to bitchy people on the street. "I think I want a haircut some day. Do you want to cut it later?"
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbert Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:31 pm

"Listen, it's only slightly illegal... And we probably need the money more than any of them do. I wouldn't blame you." Staci considered, shrugging slightly and ruffling Skye's hair. "Well... no. We couldn't afford one there and back. And if we end up walking part of the way... then maybe we'll pay for a cab back? I'm not sure how we'd get around... Nevermind! Let's just go." Staci continued, prattling on anxiously for a moment. "I'd be glad to, Skye. Save us time and money."
Herbert
Herbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:48 pm

"Alright,  fine. I guess we could walk..." Skye looked as if someone had just run him over eieh a car. He really didn't want to walk, apparently...
He adjusted his binder under his shirt, almost falling flat on his face in the process, and looked at Skye with is hurt puppy look. It wasn't going to work, of course, because Staci was an android and although highly advanced probably didn't care that skye didn't want to walk.
Moose
Moose
Sarcastic Sass Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down